Why Choose Us?
As you proceed through the process of selecting a home inspector
there are several factors to consider:
How experienced is my inspector?
What will the inspector actually inspect?
How thorough will the inspector be?
How will the inspection report be communicated to me?
Will the inspector be available to me if I have questions?
Do I need to hire other companies to do additional tests or inspections?
HERE'S WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE US:
Since 2001 Affordable Inspections Inc. has performed over 20,000 inspections in Western North Carolina. Our chief inspector and operations manager, Austin Boleman, has more than 35 years experience building and inspecting homes. Our senior inspectors enjoy the distinction of being nationally Certified Master Inspectors, a coveted honor. All of our inspectors must have a minimum of two years supervised experience before we consider them qualified to perform an inspection.
Thorough Inspection Standards
The minimum standards of practice required by the North Carolina Home Inspector Licensing Board are just that: Minimal. An inspector is required to carry only four tools; a 4 foot ladder, a screw driver, a flash light and a simple outlet tester.
Our inspections greatly exceed these minimal standards:
- we carry ladders up to 16 feet as part of our standard equipment. Longer ladders are available on request if the job requires.
- We inspect all accessible attics and crawl spaces.
- We test all doors, windows, and outlets (not just one in each room as per the standards).
- We use electronic gas detectors and moisture meters to help discover hidden dangers that could threaten your investment and your family.
- We also have thermal imaging technology available by request.
Client Friendly Service
For our clients who are able to be at the inspection, we will review the inspection on site, answering any questions about possible defects, or instructions for operating systems. For our clients who are not able to attend the inspection we e-mail the report out within 48 hours and are more than happy to reply to any questions via telephone or email. Whether you can attend the inspection or not, as you go through the process of a real estate transaction, we will remain available to you to help with any questions or issues that may arise.